Film Shooting in Nepal
Film shooting and Documentary production in Nepal
BG Travel has the professional Team for Film Shooting, Documentary production and ad films for digital media. We have long years experience working team who can find you Film shooting Spot, Locations, Guiding, Translators and Content Script Writing service. Nepal is very famous for Mountain and Culture spot form low elevation to high altitude. Here with support by BG Travel you will find almost for your Film and documentary shooting .
For film Shooting in Nepal you need permits from the granted by the Ministry of Information and Communication. They will require you to complete an application form in accordance with the Film (Production, Exhibition & Distribution) Rules, 2026 B.E. We assist you needed film shooting permits, authority from the government of Nepal.
The following information will be required to complete this application:
1. Applicants full name, nationality, home address, Passport No. issuing office and date and temporary address in Nepal.
2. If the Applicant is organization or company; its name, registration no, date and office address is required.
3. Information regarding the proposed films name (title), type (genre), Language and technology (format) should be included.
4. A full list of all technicians and artists visiting Nepal including their full names, nationalities, professional status, copy of passport and temporary addresses in Nepal. On the part of Nepali artistes and technicians, quote the number required.
5. Name of story writer and if the story was published, the publishers name. Also the song writer (lyricists) name is required.
6. Consent letter from story and song writers or his/her heir.
7. Synopsis of the story or storyboard.
8. Specify whether the name of the film coincides with any film already produced or proposed.
9. State approximate cost of the film, aim of film production, and any other relevant matters.
10. A complete list of all film making equipment being temporarily imported into Nepal, along with list of row stock / tapes etc.
11. Type of proposed film (Feature, Newsreel, Documentary or TV. production, etc.)
12. A list of the locations you wish to film in Nepal.
13. Proposed date of commencement of filming and duration.
14. Full details of the sequences to be photographed in Nepal.
15. Procedures for the licensing following documents are necessary:
16. Application form as prescribed by the rules affixing Nepalese
17. Postal stamp amounting of NRS. 50. 00
18. Synopsis of the filming story.
19. Crew members with bio-data.
20. Equipment list with values for custom clearance.
21. Daily Program (Itinerary)
22. Consent letter of concerned organization
License to produce feature films shall remain valid for three years. As regards other films the license shall remain valid for one year. A Liaison Officer shall be deputed by the Ministry of Communications. The concerned party (film producer) shall provide the Liaison Officer with local transport, ground or air transport and board etc. When shooting is conducted in locations where night accommodation is required the producer shall provide the Liaison Officer with first class accommodation, full board, clothes and equipment (non-refundable) in mountainous areas when necessary. The film producer will pay the Liaison Officer remuneration as per rules of the ministry. The Liaison Officer is empowered to prohibit the shooting of any sequence of the film which, in his judgment, is not in the interest of the public good. Films damaging national prestige, culture, tradition or religious values and sensibility or those presenting scenery of the notified areas by Nepal government cannot be made or produced. The presence of the Liaison Officer is compulsory at all times of shooting. In this regard it is important to note that Nepal Footprint Trek will be able to reduce lead times in obtaining all necessary licenses and general film permit and other necessities; and to co-ordinate with government officials, Liaison Officer and other individuals as well. Before commencement of shooting in Nepal, BG Travel will procure all licenses and permits required, after paying all specified fees and taxes wherever needed.
We are gradually becoming a cynosure for filming and related activities in the recent years and has been attracting filmmakers around the globe. The primary reasons behind this increasing craze are some breathtakingly unique geographical and socio-cultural settings, including:
1. A landscape stretching from tropical lowlands (60m) to the towering Himalayas including the majestic Mt. Everest (8848m), the highest mountain in the world.
2. A cultural mosaic of more than 101 ethnic groups speaking 92 different languages and pursing separate customs and traditions.
3. The birthplace of Gautama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism, and melting pot of two greatest religions of the world (Hinduism and Buddhism).
4. A climatological wonder with amazing variation in climates in just …. sq. Km
5. A paradise of flora and fauna (23.23 % of land cover 10 national parks) interspersed with gushing Himalayan rivers, deep gorges, valleys and basins amidst magical sylvan verdant setting
6. A mine of exotic legends, myths, philosophies, lore and ancient tantric and shamanic rituals.
7. A country of festivals and fanfares
Filming in Nepal with us:
We are handling filming crew in Nepal. In such a vast bio diversity country, we assist our crew to get related story and location in a very comfortable way. Our vast knowledge and experience permit us to handle filming crew in professional way for vast research of the story, finding appropriate characters for the film and documentary, assist hiring filming crew and equipment, scouting location. We have been working with filming crew since 10 years. Filming in Nepal become easy while working with us.
Our Services for filming in Nepal.
Time factor affects a lot while working with the crew from the beginning of the communications. We guarantee to correspondence with the client as soon as we get the query from them. Our motto is to provide information between 1 hr. to max 24 hours as soon as we are in touch with our valued client.
Competitive Budget Estimates
Once we received estimate time and location details for shooting, we can calculate the estimates; within 24 hrs. We will be in touch with you along with guidelines and suggestions. Although Nepal is a cheaper destination for filming, numbers of agencies provide you expensive budget. Ask us once to know how comfortable we are on budget and price with same quality services other have been providing. By realising that lot of shooting has cancelled due to high cost we are trying our best to give affordable cost in terms of bringing more film production in Nepal.
Location Scouting/Location Manager
Our Location manager will scout and guide you to the location needed or can reccee on your behalf and send you the location pictures to perch the story. As well as we instantly go to the location to collect the story as required to make the shoot happen before the crew decide to come for the reccee.
As soon as we get all the necessary information from our clients, we have to apply for permission in advance for filming in Nepal. Our relationship and past experienced enable us to get all kind of permits in Nepal in given time. However, it normally takes about more than 10 days to 20 days to get filming permit in Nepal, We are able to get filming permit within a week in order to provide quality services.
To get filming permit from the Ministry of Information and Communication, we have to have the following information.
1. Application form
2. Synopsis of the filming story.
3. Crew members with bio-data and passport copy.
4. Equipment List with values for custom clearance.
5. Itinerary (Including Start Date of filming).
6. CONSENT Letters of concerned organizations: (We will take all responsibilities to make your Consent letter.)
7. Authorization Letter BG Travel as a local representative by the producer.
To clear customs of filming equipment coming other than Nepal, one need to have film permit along with the authority letter from Film Development Board. We help you to get the letter and help to clear customs duties of filming with in 1 hour by doing all paperwork in the customs clearance in airport or boarder of Nepal. Our team will be there in the airport before you arrive to finish all paper works in order to clear the equipment through customs promptly.
We help you to get your visa. If necessary our team will be at the immigration to assist you to get visa. You can get visa upon arrival in Kathmandu TIA immigration.
Accommodations and transportation should be arranged properly to complete the act of shooting in certain time boundary. Depending on shooting location, we will arrange your accommodation in best location. If it is near from the town definitely it will be arrange in best hotel from where it will be easy access to the location. If your Shooting is in remote area we will arrange camping, where all the meals will serve from our camp, prepared by our professional cook. To make your shooting travel comfortable, we arrange all hotels, transportation in advance as per your request. Regarding transportation, we have car, van, 4 wheel jeep, bus etc. upon your request.
Filming Equipment/ Logistic Supply
Now a days Nepal is becoming a good spot to hire filming equipment. However, our experience tells us that while filming in Nepal, most of the crew and companies bring necessary equipment themselves like professional camera and sound recording system. If you want to be free for air cargo then you can also hire equipment in Nepal.
- Short Itinerary
- Detail Itinerary